Thursday, March 22, 2007

like a bookworm on a hot rock

We had a rough rough night last night. Rachel woke up around midnight and started crying. After she cried for five minutes, I decided to go check on her. She almost never stays awake that long anymore, so I was afraid there was something wrong. Of course, nothing was wrong, except that she wanted company. I rocked her and she settled right back down, but her eyes were WIDE open, and she was not giving in. As soon as I made a move to put her back in the crib, she curled up to cling onto me, and she wailed. I knew I was just going to have to leave her alone to wind back down into sleep. A long 45 minutes later, at 1:00am, she finally went back to sleep. She woke up again at 6:30am.

We are having the best summer weather! I am excited that Rachel will get to wear a 6/9 month size yellow seersucker summery outfit mailed to her in our first shipment from PopPop and Uma back in the fall. They bought a few things in bigger sizes, and when I pulled this outfit out, I was sure she'd never get to wear it, since she'd be that size in the winter. It's cute yellow gingham with pink butterflies and flowers. It has matching pantaloons and a brimmed hat to complete the look. I can't wait for her to wear it!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 101
poop 10

She wakes up dry and happy from her naps!

 AM napPM nap
duration1:151:30
diaper drydry

cute moment

Rachel did a LOT of reading today, leafing through her many boardbooks (can you leaf through board books?). She was so engrossed, like she really was considering the text and illustrations. Maybe she'll be a bookworm!

non-toy toy of the day

While Koen was at our house, Rachel played downstairs. To help keep her out of trouble, she got to play with our fun rubbery coasters we bought at Target a few years ago. They are great for teething, and they're also fun to bang together.

Here's what happens when I start taking too many pictures of Rachel...

1 comment:

Jon said...

She's tired of the paparazzi. "Sheesh, mom, isn't 9,000 picture enough??"