Tuesday, March 13, 2007

you can't handle the tooth

We had an overwhelmingly awesome day today. Rachel slept until 6:10am (a tad later than usual), and she was a happy girl all day. Could it be because her FIRST TOOTH finally broke through? It's just a hint of a tooth, and I could hardly see it, but it is unmistakable when I feel her bottom gums and there is a sharp point sticking up. She went down for her naps easily and slept well today, and now she's asleep for the night...until 7:00am?? I hope!

After her short afternoon nap, we drove down the road to see MeMaw and PawPaw. They live so close to us and I hope we can go see them more often. They got a kick out of Rachel's wiggles. PawPaw said she's like a "worm on a hot rock." Rachel was a show-off, waving to them and pulling up, babbling and giggling. She was most amazed by a fox cousin Anthony received on Valentine's Day. The fox dances to the song "Come and Get Your Love," opening its pink bathrobe to reveal a flashing red heart with the word "FOXY." Usually Rachel dances to music, but she could only gaze, mesmerized, at the fox. PawPaw also liked Rachel's pink pink outfit, so he gifted her a beautiful pink hyacinth. It was a great day!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 110
poop 10
 AM napPM nap
duration1:350:45
diaper drydry

I am not kidding with these numbers. I guess celebrating dry diapers is working! By the way, I had someone ask for an explanation of the potty table. Yes, Rachel actually does peepee and poop that often. I count myself lucky, though, as lots of babies are heavy-wetters. Rachel is a light-but-frequent wetter, which means we don't usually have to worry about leaky diapers.

cute moment

When Daddy comes home...

1 comment:

Jay said...

11 pee! thats crazy! she IS a machine haha.

oh you'd be happy to know that on the flight back from Paris i sat next to a cute couple from Spain and i was able to use my spanish! and they said i spoke very well. I mean it was not great ha but they understood me and i learned they had just gotten married 2 days before and they were going to New York to honeymoon ha. they were from Valencia which is right at the beach , so i guess when you live in paradise you go somewhere else for honeymoons?

i have to watch the movie of rachel when i get home! she is so cute!