Monday, March 19, 2007

mirror, mirror on the wall

First things first: I forgot to wish my brother Happy Birthday yesterday!!! I am terrible about birthdays, but please don't be offended! (I did call him, by the way.) Rachel has the best Uncle Travis in the world...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Rachel's 9-month visit went well! I was a little concerned when she weighed in at only 17lb 6oz (25th percentile for her age)--I was sure she was at least 18lb, and she measures 25.5 inches (20th percentile). But the doctor reassured me that, at this age, many children begin a different growth pattern than the one they've been on since birth (Rachel was in the 65th percentile at 6 months, and even higher before that). The doctor complimented Rachel's oh-so-cute cloth diaper (she wore my favorite FuzziBunz).

Our wake-up call came at 5:00am today. I couldn't believe she was up and demanding attention so early. I guess the chaos yesterday probably didn't help. She got up and played, but quickly got fussy. At 6:15am I went through our whole naptime routine and put her in her crib, not sure what to expect. She slept until 8:30am. That was nice, but it made her real naps crazy. I shouldn't really complain, though, since she usually stays in a relatively good mood, no matter what her naps are like. I put her down early tonight, and I hope she will recover easily from the lack of sleep!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 72
poop 11
 AM napPM nap
duration0:450:45
diaper drydry

cute moment

This afternoon, Rachel was playing in her room. She had her paci in her mouth, but pulled it out to set in on top of one of her containers. She then proceeded to pick up the container to get the paci back in her wide open mouth. I burst into laughter when I saw what she was attempting to do. She looked at me and started laughing too. When I finally settled down, she picked up her paci, put it on top of the container, and looked at me with a big grin on her face. She's such a comedienne.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel's doctor let her play with a popsicle stick during her appointment today. Rachel was all smiles, which the doctor seemed to love, until after she got her shot. Rachel looked at the doctor, seeming to feel a bit betrayed. The doctor said, "Oh, have I lost my friend?" Rachel stared blankly at her, then looked at the popsicle stick in her hand, and back at the doctor. She soon broke into her precious grin. I guess the doctor's gift of the popsicle stick made up for the poke she got from her.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hello! Another book recommendation - Good Night, Sleep Tight by Kim West. She uses a lot of the info and science from Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child but it's a much easier read and, in my opinion, more practical. I have really enjoyed this book!!

Jay said...

hah thats cute!

I liked the bit on the paci and the trip to the doctor was great haha. You are a great writer..i feel like i was there in the room. Good job!