Friday, March 9, 2007

who am i talking to now, cybil?

Rachel was a bit manic-depressive today. She's happy, she's sad, she's mad, she's fussy, she's giggly. Who can tell? I hope it's just the [alleged] teeth. She's also been so sleepy all day, constantly putting her head down and acting as if she can't keep her eyes open. She didn't sleep well last night (teeth?). I surely hope she's not getting sick. She had a very early bedtime tonight, and she's been sleeping hard. I hope it lasts!

GiGi came for a visit this afternoon, and Rachel stayed in pretty good spirits while GiGi was here. She even pottied twice. What a show-off!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 63
poop 40
 AM napPM nap
duration1:301:45
diaper drywet

As you see, I'm adding more potty information. Rachel has been waking up dry a lot lately (from naps--not in the morning). I thought it would be fun to keep track of that info to. It won't hurt my feelings, though, if you decide to skip it altogether and scroll down to the cuter information.

cute moment

Rachel was wiped out tonight as we were getting her ready for bed. We would get her giggling, and then she'd give us a whine-giggle, which quickly morphed into a full-on fuss, and then a cry. She'd take a deep breath and calm down, and we started all over again. It was kind of pitiful, and pretty cute.

non-toy toy of the day

Lots of babies Rachel's age have what is called a "lovey," a special stuffed animal or blanket that they find especially comforting. They sleep with it and drag it around with them. Rachel has not yet adopted a lovey. I do think that, if she could, she would take my hands or feet as her lovey. She was a very sleepy baby today, and she continually lay her head on my feet for a break, or she took my hand and put it over her face and closed her eyes.

No comments: