Tuesday, March 6, 2007

what a good baby

My dad emailed pictures from his visit last weekend. Isn't my nephew, Tyler, cute?? We don't see enough of that kiddo. He's 7 months older than Rachel, and he's a big boy. We're glad Rachel will have him by her side as they grow up!

Rachel had an awesome night last night! Although she stirred, and even woke up, a couple of times, she went right back to sleep without hollering for me or crying. She finally woke up for good just before 7:00am, and I felt like a new person. My list of stuff I need around the house has been growing, so Rachel and I ventured out to Target after her 1-hour morning nap! Rachel sat so nicely in the shopping cart. I actually remembered to bring the CleanShopper cart cover with me, so she was riding in luxury. She fell asleep for about 10 minutes on the way home, so I was worried she wouldn't want to take her afternoon nap. But she went down without a fuss and slept for about 45 minutes.

Rachel was extremely sleepy this evening, and by 5:00pm, she could hardly keep her eyes open. She felt warm, so we checked her temperature: 100.5 Poor baby! She's never had a fever before. She also had a runny nose and her eyes have been really watery all day. Could she be getting a tooth finally? I sure hope that's all it is and that she'll be fine tomorrow.

After bedtime, Jarrad stayed home with Rachel so I could go out to dinner with my cousin Andrea and some other friends. Tomorrow is Andrea's birthday! Rachel woke up after I got home, so we checked her temperature again. It was back to normal. I feel guilty for leaving her tonight.

Rachel has learned how to throw things (though they usually don't go far). Check out this video, where I tried to set her up with lots of throwable things. She was only mildly interested.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 65
poop 11

Rachel tried to poop in her diaper at lunchtime. So I said, "Rachel, potty?" picked her up and dashed upstairs. I removed her clean diaper and sat her on the potty, where she, sure enough, pooped. YAY!!

cute moment

This afternoon, Rachel toppled over and bumped her head. She cried, and I held her and tried to make it better. She calmed down, and for the next 5 or 6 minutes, she just wanted to snuggle with me. She sat in my lap and kept grabbing my hand to hold it over her face (like she wanted to go to sleep). It was the best. Then, a few minutes later, I sat in the rocking chair in her room. She wanted to come up there with me, so I picked her up. While I held her there, she turned to give me one kiss after another. I bet I got 10 kisses! Such a sweet baby.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel was very interested in dropping her hat and making me fetch it while we were in Target. She played nicely with her hat for awhile before starting the game. Her hat has wonderful little tassles that she loves to examine and feel.

No comments: