Monday, March 26, 2007

rhyme time

Sunday/Monday were good days (and they rhyme). She was dry both mornings, which makes four dry mornings in a row! It's unbelievable. I've looked back, and, except Sunday, we're using only 2-3 diapers a day now! I'm still waiting for the day she is reliable in communicating her need to use the potty, but I am convinced that will be the final piece to the puzzle.

On Sunday afternoon, Pop helped Jarrad change the brake pads on my car, so Rachel and I were home alone, and we were both exhausted from an eventful weekend. Feeling a little down, I decided to eat a sugar-free popsicle (what's happier than that?). Rachel seemed down, too, so I let her have a few licks. It was her first taste of something purely artificial and she loved it (of course).

Aunt Mamber watched the devastating end to the UNC NCAA game (she's a Tar Heel) at our house while Jarrad and I went to our friends' house for Bible study. Even though Aunt Mamber gets really into her Carolina games, she was very good not to scream loudly and wake up Rachel. We thanked her for her self-control.

My buddy, Koen came over this afternoon to hang out while his older brother, Bob celebrated his birthday with a few friends. After Jarrad came home and we put Rachel down for the night, Jarrad and Koen played together. Koen doesn't know Jarrad very well, but he seemed to enjoy his silliness almost as much as Rachel does!

Progress Report (Sunday)

 pottydiaper
peepee 24Did I miscalculate?
poop 11

Progress Report (Monday)

 pottydiaper
peepee 82
poop 20
 AM napPM nap
duration0:452:30
diaper drydry
She's not had a wet diaper after a nap in so long!

cute moment

non-toy toy of the day

I let Rachel play with our drumsticks (they really belong to our friend Jesse). She likes to bang things together and slam them on the ground, so she really seemed to know what she was doing with those sticks! Rachel's Uncle Travis played drums, so it's in her blood. Koen's brother Bob also plays the drums. Maybe they can play a duet sometime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the video. We have a diaper eater at our house, too. There's no dignity in being a baby.