Wednesday, March 28, 2007

she's so big

Today was busy but fun. After Rachel's extremely short morning nap, she played a few minutes, and then we went to see my friend, John (pictured) at his work. He hasn't seen Rachel since she was really tiny, so it was fun to show off her newest tricks. Everyone at his work exclaimed that she is a beautiful baby, so well-proportioned, with a perfect head, looks like a baby doll, should be in commercials. Haha! I don't think they see many babies around there, but I do have to agree with them.

As soon as Jarrad got home from work this evening, we went to meet a brand new baby! Kyler was born just last week, and was a tiny 5lb 13oz. Rachel looked like such a big girl next to Kyler. Vern & Kelly invited us to stay and have dinner with them, so we had a nice visit while cute little Kyler snoozed away.

I am excited to report that Rachel now eats real bananas and Cheerios! I took some Cheerios with us to Vern & Kelly's house, and it was a great distraction while we visited. She hasn't figured out how to feed them to herself yet, but she likes to gum them down!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 111
poop 20
 AM napPM nap
duration0:451:15
diaper drydry

Rachel was very cooperative today. She didn't give me the "stiff leg" at all when I tried to sit her on the potty. It seems that she's learned to "hold it" when she's expecting that I will sit her on the potty, explaining her post-nap and post-outing dry diapers. She only had one accident, this morning, which I can only assume is a result of not giving her a potty opportunity in a timely manner.

cute moment

We experienced another first for Rachel. Vern & Kelly have a one-year-old black lab who is very well-behaved and mild-mannered, especially for a puppy. You may know that I am not a dog person, especially big dogs. I try hard to disguise my uneasiness when they're around, but they make me nervous. It doesn't help that I'm usually allergic to them. Their dog was so good, though, that she didn't really make me nervous, and I tried extra-hard to be calm for Rachel's benefit. At first, Rachel didn't react much. She just watched the dog prance around and sniff everything. But everytime the dog came near, Vern hollered abruptly for her to behave, or Jarrad swatted her away from Rachel and me (he was worried about my allergies). Then, out of the blue, Rachel burst into a fearful cry and clung onto me for dear life. She was scared of the dog! She's never really reacted that way to anything! After that, when the dog got near, Rachel sort of whimpered and clung on, burying her face in my shirt. I really hope this isn't the beginning of an irrational fear (like mine)!

non-toy toy of the day

The strings that tie her bumper pad to her crib...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh No, I hope she is not scared of dogs. I really wanted her to meet Jack. - Julie