Monday, March 12, 2007

dry as a bone

Rachel woke up at 5:30am: she has too easily adjusted to the time change. So, we had about and hour and a half of quality mommy-daughter before-the-sun-comes-up time. My wonderful husband took over at 7:45am, and I went down for my morning nap of 40 minutes. It was just what I needed. Before her nap, Rachel insisted she walk some laps in her bedroom. I got dizzy, but she was cooing the whole way.

I bought some more diapers today from another person on Craigslist! I've promised Jarrad that our collection is now complete--no more diaper purchases! (I do still have a few on the way in the mail, but that's IT). The seller and I met at a Kids' Consignment Sale, so Rachel and I breezed through. I bought her a cute little swimsuit, pink with white polka dots, Gymboree (okay!) and an adorable dress for summer, OshKoshB'Gosh and brand new. Both are sized 12 months, so they will be perfect this summer. I'm excited to get the swimsuit, too, since we will be going to the beach in July!

Rachel had a really good day today, and so did I. Jarrad doesn't know how much it means to me when he hangs out with her for a few minutes and lets me take a nap early in the morning every once in awhile. It recharges me, and it helps my feelings (I get overwhelmed, discouraged, and/or frustrated too easily). It's just such a nice break from feeling like I'm on call all the time, and I love him for it.

Progress Report

pottydiaper
peepee 104
poop 40
AM napPM nap
duration1:300:45
diaper drydry

I cannot believe how well this potty business is going. I'm now phasing out of potty celebration, because she's got pottying down pat. Now, I'm making a really big deal over a dry diaper. So we cheer and jump and exclaim over the dryness, and then she sits on the potty. It shouldn't be long now!

cute moment

Rachel has a toy we call her "DaddyToy" because there is a silly picture of her daddy on one side of the ring (there's a mirror on the other side). She has always loved that toy. It's a great size for her to hang onto, and it's perfect for chewing on. Today, she was playing with her DaddyToy, and I showed her the picture of Jarrad. I said, "Who's that, Rachel? Is that Dada?" At first, she looked at the door, expecting him to come in. I said, "No, Rachel, right here, it's Dada!" She looked at the picture, perplexed, and then broke into a huge gummy grin and giggled. She's seemed to be seeing it for the first time, because, after that, she would chew, then look, then grin and giggle.

non-toy toy of the day

There is one knob on Rachel's chest of drawers that has a stripped screw, and so it hangs kind of loose. Rachel likes to make it rattle, and today she kept coming back and playing with it. Each time, she had her focused face on, like she was really concentrating on her task.

1 comment:

Denise said...

How funny - Jon runs to the door looking for his daddy too! JD thinks it's kind of sad but I tell him it's not sad at all. Jon just knows that very good things (him) come through the door. Just wait until she can ask for him. Half the time, Jon just says his name but the other half he is expecting me to tell him, "Okay! Daddy is coming home!!"