Wednesday, March 21, 2007

toy swappers

Toy rotation day! In case you're keeping tabs, toy rotation day is completely arbitrary. It usually occurs a day or two after I notice Rachel ignoring her current toys. There are some of her toys I hate to put away, but i know it makes them more fun when they come back out again.

GiGi came over and stayed with Rachel while I went for my regular eye exam. Going to the eye doctor is not great entertainment, but having some time to myself is nice. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family right here in town! We almost always can call Jarrad's mom or one of his sisters to come over and stay with Rachel so we can have a break.

Jarrad stayed home tonight while I met my cousin for dinner. My cousin Beth has a little girl, too, so it's fun to compare notes. It's also fun to reminisce about our childhood and visiting Grandma's house. I hope that Rachel will always be close to her cousin Tyler, and they will make great memories and love each other like siblings do. Of course, it would be nice for her to have a girl cousin, too, HINT HINT Aunt KiKi and Uncle T...

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 82
poop 30
 AM napPM nap
duration0:500:40
diaper drydry

cute moment

Rachel and I took a quick trip to the grocery store today. There must have been only 3 or 4 other people there, so it was a good time to go. There was a couple there, about Rachel's grandparents' age. When we came around the corner to their aisle, the gentleman exclaimed in a thick Boston accent, "Oh, oh, please tell me, which aisle? Where can I get one?" He said I really hit the jackpot with her. I sure think so! He begged me to make a mistake and put her in his cart to take home (she was wearing the pink kitty cat hat Aunt KiKi gave her at Christmas, so she was looking irresistably cute). He told me they have two--a 4-year-old and an 18-month-old, and they're the "apples of Granddad's eye." He said if he had known how great they were, he would have probably had them instead of his kids. Haha!

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel was getting hungry, and therefore fussy, on the way home from the store. My wallet was just the thing to help her make it. She turned it over and over, played with the zipper pull, and tasted the corners. Yuck!

1 comment:

Jay said...

i like how Rachel plays with non-toys. i think thats great!