Thursday, March 8, 2007

motor mouth

Rachel and I spent a lot of time out today! First, Jarrad had car issues (again) and we rescued him. Then we went out to lunch (Rachel was a very good girl!). After her 1 hour 45 minute afternoon nap, we went to see our buddy Koen! Aunt Mamber came over for a visit this evening to round out the day. We didn't get to play at home much today, so she'll be glad to have some downtime tomorrow.

Rachel has been babbling like crazy the past couple of days. I think she can make almost every sound in the English language. Now, she just has to figure out how to sort them out and put them together into words, although she sounds like she thinks she's already talking. We can't wait to hear what she has to say (I think she's going to talk our ears off)!

It looks like we will be calling Southbridge Fellowship our new church home! It will be exciting to be a part of a church from the very beginning, and I'm looking forward to jumping in and "getting my hands dirty." Serving Christ's church has always been an important part of my life, and I can't wait to teach my child[ren] how rewarding it is.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 54
poop 01

cute moment

When we were out to lunch today, Rachel was standing in Jarrad's lap, getting sleepy. To entertain her while we talked, I danced her kitty cat hat back and forth and up and down. She thought that was quite hilarious. She cackled and giggled and grinned.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel's non-toy today is her tooth bud (its portable nature allowed her to play with it even when we were on-the-go). She is teething in a big way right now. This afternoon, she continually had her tongue down on her bottom gums, playing with that new bump in her mouth. She did the same thing for almost a whole week in January, but no tooth ever showed. Will there be one there tomorrow?

life lesson

People often ask me how I like being a stay-at-home mom. I was talking with my own mom on the phone tonight, and I realized why I so love staying home with Rachel. It is amazing to see her develop (and so fast!). I love to watch her discover new things and figure out how to use her little hands and feet. Her brain tells her eyes and her mouth and her toes how they should all work together. She intuitively and instictively understands cause and effect, and she even understands "no," and wants to do it anyway. She was no accident, not merely the result of a fertilized egg magically growing into a functional embryo, then a proportionate fetus, and finally, a fully-developed baby. Rachel is a little being, created by God, in the image of God, put on this earth for a purpose: to worship God. I look forward to watching how God shapes her and molds her, and I can only imagine the impact it will continue to have on my own development. And that's why I so love staying home with Rachel.