Wednesday, March 7, 2007

sock it to me

What looked like would be a long night really wasn't at all, and Rachel slept fairly soundly until 6:00am. Yes, early, but I'll take it. Her morning nap, only 45 minutes. Her afternoon nap, one hour. We went to EarthFare to restock on a couple of things, and just to get out for fresh air and new scenery. I bought a gDiapers starter kit, just to get two 'little g' pants to try as cloth diaper covers. I think they're going to be great! I'm only mad that they don't offer the colors I want in the kits, so I have to settle for what they've got (bright orange and bright red, but maybe I'll take them back and get the milder blue and green, even though blue it a little boyish). Tomorrow we have lunch with the Pastor of what will probably be our new church. It will be a full day!

I have writer's block tonight, so just enjoy the usual stuff (that's why I set my blog up the way I did haha).

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 57
poop 10

Rachel is definitely communicating now regarding the potty. Usually, she'll clearly tell me "potty" (in her own language), and her diaper will be freshly wet when I remove it. But she gets it! Generally, the times she uses the potty are when I know it's been awhile and she probably needs to go, and I sit her down, and she cooperates. She did tell me before she pooped today, though, and I got her on the potty in plenty of time. Good baby!

cute moment

This morning, Jarrad had a gentleman come over to take a look at the area behind our house (we're hoping to clear the trees and make a backyard soon). Jarrad and the nameless man stood outside chatting, right below Rachel's big window in her room. When she spotted them, she started banging on the window and hollering, "DADA, DADA, dada, DADAAAAA." She was so loud that they stopped talking, looked up at the window, and gave Rachel a big smile. She watched them the whole time, giggling, banging, and yelling for Dada. She got a big kick out of seeing the top of Dada's head!

non-toy toy of the day

My sock. Need I say more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures today!

JT