Friday, March 23, 2007

three ring circus

Rachel figured out her stacking rings today! I cheered and clapped when she finally got the first ring to drop down onto the post. She seemed proud, and she played with that toy a lot today. She really worked hard to get it right. She put a ring on, then took it off, turned it over, and put it back on. She was obviously fascinated with her new skill. She's also standing independently a lot today and yesterday. She'll just let go of whatever is supporting her and stand there for several seconds. She's getting so big. Every day, I look forward to seeing what she'll learn next!

We sold Rachel's highchair on Craigslist this afternoon. I went straight out to Target to buy the chair we want, but they only had two, and both boxes had been opened and rummaged through. I was disappointed not to get that. I guess she'll be using the Bumbo seat for meals tomorrow!

For lunch today, Rachel and I went to Jessica's house and had lunch with her and my cousin, Andrea. Jessica is nearing the end of her first pregnancy, and is very excited about her baby boy-on-the-way (they call him "TT" right now). I can't wait for her to join the mommy club!

Jarrad was home early enough for us to take a short family walk before Rachel's bedtime. She liked looking up through the little window in her stroller and seeing Daddy pushing her around!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 73
poop 10

Rachel's diaper was dry when she woke up at 6:00am, and it stayed dry all morning, and even through our 2.5-hour outing. Then, after her second nap, she got really busy playing, and had 3 wet diapers in less than 2 hours!

 AM napPM nap
duration1:300:40
diaper drydry

cute moment

Rachel started something new today: every time I picked her up and slung her onto my hip, she wrapped her legs so tight around me. I love that she seems to feel so secure in my arms, and that's where she wants to be.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel enjoyed her stacking rings so much today that she didn't really find any new non-toys.

No comments: